The course is suitable for all those living in Amsterdam and the surrounding area, who are interested in getting acquainted with the practice of Vipassana meditation.
The course is based on the practice of the late Mahasi Sayadaw and will allow the student to understand the difference between calm-directed meditation and wisdom-directed meditation. Vipassana, which is frequently described as Insight Meditation, is typically a wisdom-directed approach.
During the 5 sessions, the meditation student will practise standing, sitting, walking and moving exercises to gradually develop temporary concentration based on mindfulness of the body, feelings, consciousness and mind objects. The central focus of these exercises is to generate a heightened sense of awareness and alertness of what is experienced by the body and mind from moment to moment, at any moment.
Generally the practice will help the student to accept reality as it is, to develop patience, endurance and strong determination.
De cursus is ook geschikt voor Nederlandstaligen met enige kennis van het Engels.
- Begeleiding door Adi Ichsan.
- 5 Tuesday evenings, from 13th November to 11th December, from 19:30 until 21:30
- € 75 for the course (fixed price) + dana (free gift for the instruction).
- Course material is handed during classes.
- Maximum 16 participants. When the course is fully booked, you can sign up for the waiting list.